Last Updtaed March 2015
The YouGotRated Community ('Community') is a community think-tank for people to share their experiences with merchants and for merchants to further enhance their online presence. The YouGotRated Community strives to make the community a safe and enriching place by encouraging our members to conduct themselves with a high degree of integrity, decency, and respect. Your use and interaction in the Community is subject to these Community Guidelines. We reserve the right to modify these guidelines at any time by posting updates.
YouGotRated is concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, children under the age of 18 are prohibited from accessing the Community.
Response to Violations
Content & Usage
The Community is a place where engaged Consumers and Merchants can easily share facts, opinions and personal experiences to help others. It is up to each member of the Community to maintain the integrity of the community's content. When posting content, please follow these rules:
• YOU MAY NOT POST CONTENT (or links to content, including photos):
to exploit, solicit, or harm minors.
that is violent, racist, incendiary, or otherwise objectionable.
that is abusive, threatening, slanderous, or belligerent against any individual or groups of individuals for any reason.
that violates federal, state or local or any other law.
that contains profane, obscene, vulgar or sexually explicit language.
that glorifies self-harm, suicide, anorexia, bulimia, or any other practice that is clearly unhealthy or harmful.
for commercial or advertising purposes, including classified ads.
to post personal ads or your own or others' personal information.
YouGotRated reserves the right to remove any individual who posts through multiple accounts, as determined in YouGotRated’s sole discretion.
• MAINTAIN THE FORMAT: This is a community comprised with Links, so please keep postings to these format. As such, please try to keep your postings brief and to the point.
• PUBLIC INFORMATION: As a participant in the Community, Your posts will be publicly available on the Internet. You hereby acknowledge that your posts may be indexed by search engines (eg, Google, Yahoo, MSN, etc). YouGotRated does not have direct control over this process. YouGotRated will not have any obligation under this Community Guidelines with respect to information you voluntarily provide to other Users via the Site.
• NO CHATTING OR PERSONAL COMMUNICATIONS: The purpose of the Community is to share your personal experiences with merchants and post reviews, not to engage in personal correspondence with friends. Any postings that are chatty, or attempts to engage others in personal communications, may be removed. Some examples of questions that do not comply with the Community Guidelines are below. These are just a few examples, and we reserve the right to change, remove, or add to the list at any time, without notice:
How are you?
Anyone want to chat?
What's your name?
How old are you?
Do you like my avatar?
What time is it?
Who here likes salmon?
How many points do you have?
Who likes Nick Lachey? ?
• NO GAMING: You may not post content for the explicit purpose of gaming, trading, or soliciting others for money or otherwise "game" or otherwise trick the Community system. Furthermore, you may not use any other mechanism to “game” or otherwise trick the Community system.
• ONE PROFILE PER MEMBER: Please do not create more than one profile. Members who use different profiles to enhance their own postings risk having their accounts deactivated.
• NO COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY: You may not post URLs for the purpose of directing commercial activity to a non-YouGotRated site.
• NO REPEATED POSTINGS: You may not post similar or identical postings. This also applies if you are including the same commercial URL on all of your postings for the purpose of directing commercial activity to a non-YouGotRated site. Multiple identical postings, even if legitimate, may be considered spam.
• ENGLISH AS THE PREFERED LANGUAGE: Please do not use other languages or symbols. Also, spelling and grammar count! Be sure to check your spelling and grammar.
• CATEGORIZATION: Categorize your postings in the appropriate category. YouGotRated reserves the right to re-categorize or delete any postings it determines to be categorized incorrectly.
• NO HACKING: You may not promote or redirect traffic to a non-YouGotRated site, post links to sites that force the download of a virus, spyware, programs, or other content, or in any other way interfere with the operation of the Community.
• NO PASSWORD TRADING: You may not post content with the intent of trading passwords, product decryption programs, or any other programs.
• NO FRAUD: You may not falsely claim credentials or expertise that you do not possess, or impersonate another user. Furthermore you agree to not impersonate any person or communicate under a false name or a name you are not entitled or authorized to use.
• RESPECT COPYRIGHT LAW: You may not post content that infringes the intellectual property, privacy or other rights of third parties.
• CONTENT LICENSE: If you post content or submit content to the Community you grant YouGotRated and its affiliates a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub licensable right and license to make, use, sell, sublicense, reproduce, distribute, perform, display, prepare derivative works from and otherwise use all such content as if it were the full owner thereof. You will defend and indemnify YouGotRated and its affiliates from any claims resulting from any content or materials you provide hereunder.
LIMIT OF WARRANTY: YouGotRated does not endorse or verify or guarantee the validity of any of the content in the Community. ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOUGOTRATED SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS POSTED IN THE COMMUNITY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE PURSUANT TO THE APPLICABLE LAW, YOUGOTRATED DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR OTHER VIOLATION OF RIGHTS.
YouGotRated Code of Conduct
The YouGotRated website works because our members agree to our Code of Conduct. At its most basic level, the Code of Conduct requires all members to respect the time and expertise of others. Consumers and Merchants and even YouGotRated have responsibilities that are clearly stated and understood.
We vow to respect each Merchant’s time and expertise by being straightforward and truthful about our posts and reviews and responding in a timely manner to legitimate communications from YouGotRated Merchants. We will give honest evaluations of service while reviewing each vendor.
We vow to provide a timely and professional response to consumer’s requests. In addition, we vow to provide outstanding quality and service, and the highest degree of integrity while on YouGotRated.
We vow to ensure that YouGotRated remains a positive experience for all members. We commit to removing any members that repeatedly violate the YouGotRated Code of Conduct.
As consumers and Merchant members of YouGotRated, we vow to:
1. Keep it positive - The YouGotRtaed Community strives to make the environment a safe and enriching place by encouraging our members to offer friendly advice and share ideas to better the industry as a whole. We will not tolerate posts or comments meant to bully or belittle another member.
2. Respect fellow community members - Every community member has different opinions that may vary from your own. All we ask is that you respect each other and the community. Please refrain from posting anything that may cross that line or that you wouldn't say in front of someone.
3. Choose your words wisely - You may Not post anything that is racist, abusive, threatening, slanderous, profane or belligerent against any individual or groups of individuals for any reason.
4. If you don't like it, don't respond - There may be some posts that upset you but don't necessarily violate any guidelines. We suggest you move on to a more intriguing post - why waste your time! If you see something that is a violation, by all means report the abuse right away.
5. This is your community - This community is self-managed and self-governed by you, the community members. YouGotRated’s role is simply to enforce any violations and let the community handle its own issues. These vows have been put in place to help the "self-governing" occur more fluidly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: I noticed that someone posted spam or another inappropriate message. What should I do?
A: Please report the post to the Site administrators by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: I posted a complaint about my experience with a Merchant and the post no longer appears and has been removed?
A: The Site Administrator under certain circumstances may delete all complaints, reviews and general posts. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions. In addition, if the Merchant participates in the Buyer Protection Program, most likely the parties reached an agreement and the post was removed.
Q: Don't all users have a right to free expression and should be able to post anything they like? Isn't it censorship when a Site Administrator interferes with that right?
Q: There is nothing in your site that says that posts need to be constructive, non-ironic or even polite.
A: While other user's questions and/or viewpoints may not seem relevant to you, they may still be important and relevant to the poster. Please treat them with respect and respond in a manner in which you would like people to respond to you. Posts that appear to be aimed at "trolling" rather than engaging in constructive discussion may be deleted.